1. August 1st arrives.
2. Your first tomato ripens in the garden.
3.Trees that were green the day before are now yellow. The next day, the leaves are gone.
4. You can see your breath when you go outside in the morning to drink your coffee.
5. You have a sudden, inexplicable craving for soup.
6. It’s 70 degrees during the day, and 30 degrees at night.
7. The lawn is cold and crunchy in the morning.
8. All the animals scream for extra food so they can put on their winter fat. And I do mean scream!
9. The golden raspberries yield up their second crop of huge yellow berries.
10. It feels good to get in the hot tub again.